audio stream :: Boring Portals > No Go
Boring Portals are an experimental rock ‘n’ roll band from Charleston, SC. They are featured on Side D of the upcoming 2 cassette compilation from Mirror Universe Tapes, Whatever It Is Your Doing Now. The nearly 100 minutes long, 19 song compilation showcases MU‘s “roots in South Carolina’s independent music scene and our friends from all over the world.” It will feature “ethereal drones, undiluted rock and roll, and just plain aural garbage.” This here is the Boring Portals track.
Streamable: No Go (soundcloud)
You can preorder the Whatever It Is Your Doing Now compilation @ mirroruniversetapes.com. About 60 copies will be available via mailorder, and make sure you check out the rest of the MU catalogue if you want to do a combo deal. The first batch of 150 will be printed on two dark blue cassettes with silver printing. Tapes should ship around mid-March. Additional copies will be available at upcoming Mirror Universe events (see below for the one in NYC) and from some of the bands featured.
Here is the tracklisting for the compilation:
1. Headsets – My Brother and the Ghost of Ho Chi Minh
2. Southern Femisphere – Transgander (When the Community Went Looking for the Lost Gayzling in the Wood)
3. Hip Young Gunslingers – Red Red Sea
4. Lady Condor – Warrior Sisters
5. Mr. Jenkins – Late Shift At Peripheral Zoo (You, too?)
1. Noveller – This Is Our Ascent
2. M. Sage – Rain Scanner
3. Meadowlands – Dreams of Jaipur जयपुर के सपने
4. Headaches – Constant Concern
1. The Slasher Film Festival Strategy – Cosmic Burial
2. Lust For Youth – Spring
3. Pariah Carey – Smile From The Grave 4U
4. Xander Harris – Blessing for the Sick
5. Tapeworms – America Endless?
1. HEADCASE – Good Stride
2. Boring Portals – No Go
3. Lame Drivers – Universe Osmosis
4. SuR – Marfa Lights
5. Foot Village – Clubtraxxx I-III
Upcoming NYC Show:
- April 1st @ Death By Audio (Mirror Universe Presents: Whatever It Is You’re Doing Release Party!) w/ Southern Femisphere + Holy Sweat (mems of Headsets and Tapeworms) + Can’t Kids (mems of Thank God)
NOTE: There will be limited edition tapes made for the show featuring all four bands.
BONUS: Masturbation Lexicon (mp3)