mp3s :: One Year Ago Mix > January 2013
Time for a little aural time travel. Let’s look back, reflect, and contemplate… what were we listening to one year ago?
Listen to the January 2013 One Year Ago Mix and find out.
You can play individual tracks using the tiny play buttons next to each mp3 link, OR you can stream all the songs in this mix using the streampad player at the bottom of the page, OR you can just download any or all of the tracks at your leisure and play them using a digital media player of your choice.
- Come Home (mp3) by Desert Sharks
- Ulysses (promo edit) (mp3) by Dan Friel
- Thumper (mp3) by Dan Friel
- Kids (mp3) by potty mouth
- Gimme Away (mp3) by Thee Open Sex
- Floor Boy (mp3) by Darlings
- Scrape It Off (mp3) by Yvette
[d/l the EMPIRE OF FUZZ compilation @ explodinginsound.bandcamp.com]
- I’ve Got a Wild Feeling (mp3) by Milk Music
- Poison Arrow (mp3) by Screaming Females
- Cuda ’82 (mp3) by Ex Con
- The Observer (mp3) by Hive Bent
- Chaoz (mp3) by ADVAETA
- Screens (mp3) by Low Culture
- Hi 5 (mp3) by BIG UPS
[d/l BIG DEMOS @ bigups.bandcamp.com]
- Hey Winnie (mp3) by Cocktails
- Scam (mp3) by Blanche Blanche Blanche (& The Birds of Paradise)
- Bodies (mp3) by Mazes
- Fuzz’s Fourth Dream (Al Lover Remix) (mp3) by Fuzz
- The Drag (Live @ Death by Audio) (mp3) by Ty Segall
[d/l 2012-09-24 Death By Audio Brooklyn @ nyctaper.com]
- Fucking Hopeless (mp3) by LOW FAT GETTING HIGH
[pay-what-you-want for Hot Yogurt @ lowfatgettinghigh.bandcamp.com]
- Old Mouths (mp3) by New Tongues
If you want to download all the individual tracks in this post, you should probably think about installing the DownThemAll! or FlashGot Firefox extensions as we are way too lazy to zip and upload every single One Year Ago Mix.
Also, if you like what you hear you should probably purchase music from the above artists at any of these fine online retailers (or your local independent record store):
Insound | eMusic | Other Music
And, if you haven’t done it already, make sure you check out the other One Year Ago Mixes.
What a great mix, reminds me of the punk label compilations back in the day which basically determined my taste in music, so great, thank you, thank you, thank you.